Thursday, December 8, 2011

Some Things I Wonder

I wonder if people care about what I look like,
Because if they do I’m sure they’d say, I wonder.
I wonder if being happy involves having money,
Why do so many people hate their jobs, I wonder
I wonder why people idolize a celebrity,
That clearly has no morals, I wonder
I wonder why I thought alcohol was so great
If only under it’s influence I was okay to eat McDonalds, I wonder
I wonder why people say they want to be rich
When the suicide rate is increasing with wealth, I wonder
I wonder how little faith I must have if I can’t move a mountain
When all I would need is the size of a mustard seed, I wonder
I wonder why girls go to the bathroom together when stalls are separate
When guys go alone and the urinals are side by side, I wonder
I wonder why we invest money into saving animals
When people are suffering from homelessness, I wonder
I wonder where in the world do fruit flies come from
When I bring fruit home they aren’t there, I wonder
I wonder why some people say I love you to everybody
And others can barely muster up the words, I wonder
I wonder where the weight goes at night
When you lose it in your sleep, I wonder
I wonder if people could fathom God’s love for us
What would life be like, I wonder
I wonder why girls want to be so skinny
When guys say they like a few curves, I wonder
I wonder how people are afraid of evil
But forget all that is good, I wonder
I wonder why as technology advances
Our moral society gets worse and worse, I wonder
I wonder why people waste time counting calories
Instead of counting their blessings, I wonder
I wonder how some people can’t believe in miracles
When they can experience a sunrise, I wonder
I wonder where my mind goes when I sleep,
To conjure up the dreams I have, I wonder
I wonder why people don’t smile or say hello
When everyone longs to be talked to, I wonder
I wonder how God has patience with those that ignore him,
As we all sit waiting for a text from someone, I wonder
I wonder why we pay people so much to entertain us
When it costs us a loss of time in reality, I wonder
I wonder how people say you haven’t a choice with whom you fall in love with
When we have the choice to marry whomever we wish, I wonder
I wonder how come the best selling book on the planet, the Bible
Is only read by a small fraction of the world, I wonder
I wonder why people try to impress someone who doesn’t care,
When caring people don’t need an impression anyway, I wonder
I wonder if after people read this they think I’m crazy,
Or if maybe I’m one of the only ones who’s made time to wonder, I wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment