Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Fight

We all have a battle that we constantly will fight

Some think this fight lies in the battlefields where blood is shed
Others think this fight lies in the streets where guns are kept
Some think this fight is up to the President to revolutionize
Others think this fight lies in battling for their rights
Some think this fight is standing up for what you believe
Others think this fight is getting the glory when you achieve
Some think this fight is to battle a sickness and overcome it
Others think this fight is to get knocked down and rise above it

I think this fight lies in the very depths of our soul
I think this fight is something we can control
What we fight day in and day out? Temptation.

We fight temptation in every day decisions
But we let temptation win under certain provisions
You see in fighting temptation true heart is what we lack
Some couldn’t beat temptation with his hands tied behind his back
We let him whisper his sweet nothings in our ears
But we don’t think to blame him when giving in brings us tears
Fighting temptation is when you tell the body you’re in control
Fighting temptation is when you let the body come second to you’re soul
We let the body control our lives day in and day out
When it thinks it needs something we tend to its never ceasing shout
I need this it cries, I need that, give me more of all that I think I lack
I need more food, I need more drink, I need more drugs or so I think
Imagine our world if we didn’t have compulsive buyers and so to liars
The ones that when things don’t go their way turn into baby criers
Imagine our world with out those giving in to sex, drugs and the bottle
Or the ones who’s spending budget is always turned on full throttle
Imagine our world if people could just hold onto the deadliest weapon
Instead of letting their tongues spout off words that should have been kept in
Yes, if we didn’t have all those people, there would be no one left in any nation
Which makes me say once again our true battle is fighting temptation
When we can figure out our bodies die and our soul is what lives on
Maybe we can reverse the roles and make our soul’s needs number one

No comments:

Post a Comment