Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Music Is Good for You

I have this friend that said to me
“Meg I once was blind but now I see
You have opened my eyes to the music of the world
I used to be a one type of music kind of girl”
But in fact she was and it was plain to see
There she was base bumping to rap and r&b
I had to let her know there was more to life than those beats
So I turned on some tunes that made her say “Sweet”
Yes I saved her from listening to the same ol’ base clef
Because with just base bumping she might have went deaf
Now there is a little acoustic and alternative in her life
And once in a while she throws some country on the side
Oh don’t get me wrong I will for sure jam to some rap
And I will dance to that hip hop and grind on a lap
But the way I see it, in order to appreciate music for what it is
We have to listen to more than what’s trendy in the music biz
Finding those starving artists and the ones not well known
Gives you that comforting feeling that you’re not alone
There are people out there who can do wonders with words
And if we would just listen, these people aren’t nerds
Having a wide range of music is good for you, you see
If you don’t believe me, just ask my friend Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment