Sunday, April 11, 2010

Open Mind


You talk to me with open eyes….but your mind remains tightly sealed
If you could only grasp…what this scary world has revealed
You might understand….why I do the things I do
But instead you find it quite alright….to only see your words as true

What you don’t understand….is that we come from different worlds
So that can’t mean my foot is too big….if my shoe doesn’t fit yours
Just slip it on and take a walk…you’ll end up in a different place
And when you return…I dare you to tell me I’m wrong to my face

I’ll walk a mile in yours…even if it brings a blister to my skin
At least that way…I’ll know where you have been

Anyone can look at life with open eyes…but it takes a free person to look with an open mind

Don’t get comfortable being chained to your thoughts...it is in this mistake that you will find yourself only able to dream the life you sought

No comments:

Post a Comment