Monday, April 12, 2010

A Different Way to Look at Fat



The term "losing weight" has always fascinated me. I've always wondered exactly how the whole process works. My weight seems to fluctuate a lot during the year and it is something I really won't ever understand. By fluctuating, I mean that in the summer I watch what I eat more because, duh, it's swimsuit season. Then in the fall, basketball workouts start up and I think I can eat more. So I do. But as the wintery hibernating season begins, so do the curves in my hips and thighs. But I think to myself "Megan, you are working out for at least two hours a day, you can eat whatever you want." Well my thinking on this idea is in fact wrong, and it shows. Maybe not to everyone around me but I can start to tell when I've worn sweats for two weeks and suddenly I slip on a pair of jeans, that I don't quite just "slip" into anymore. It's a bit depressing. I've never been a girl though that is super concerned with my weight so stepping on the scale was not a big issue for me. I am what I am.

Last night though, I was talking to my friend about losing weight. We were just discussing the whole process and the best ways to go about it and some crazy thoughts started flowing. It is the strangest thing to me that we lose weight while we are sleeping. How can a couple pounds disappear from your body while you lay there in dormant mode? Where do they go? I was letting my mind wonder a bit and began to imagine our "pounds" just being thrown under the bed at night. The Fat Guys in our body all have a conference every night. I imagine it to be like the show "Survivor." Which pound of fat will last the longest? So every night they have to vote which pound will leave the group. Then while our bodies are working out and we are trying so hard to lose those extra pounds, the "pounds" themselves are performing tasks to try and stay in the group. That's why it's so hard to lose weight you see. Our body is actually working against us and we don't even know it. Well my mind is going to have a little reality show going on simultaneously. Yes, my mind is going to run the show "Punked". I am going to play tricks on the Fat Guys on Survivor and they won't even know it. Just when they think they are hanging on for good, my Ashton will come in and laugh obnoxiously as they are told "Dude, you just got Punked" Bye Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment