Thursday, December 20, 2012

Burning Snowflake

I inhale it with refreshment and exhale it with satisfaction. I can feel each note as it leaves the intrinsic place where it was first created and so fervently makes its way to my ears. Every note hits me differently; some feel arctic and crisp, like I have just stepped in the midst of a winter storm. My face goes numb from the chill that each note brings as it pierces right to the bone. But only then, when I can feel the cold hit me so suddenly, am I aware that I am, in fact, alive and breathing. Other times, it hits me like the sun, blazing down in rays of heat. Each note melts on my forehead and becomes a part of my being. The warmth I experience has more bubbles than a bottle of champagne could even fathom. In complete soberness music has me under the influence. It's something divine. Like every note, every lyric, were placed in my ear so carefully by the hand of God himself. My favorite notes however, are the kinds that bring with it a sort of revelation. The ones that creep under my skin and suddenly find their way out the tiny hairs on my arms as each hair stands up to applaud the sound my ears have just experienced. The ones that somehow make my jaw muscles loosen and my eye lids seem as though they were meant to close so I can truly see. Music is an encounter that can take me to a place no one else can touch. Only here, in the midst of this array of all emotions, can imagination meet possibility if the mind is open to the wonders they both possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment